Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Of Langkawi and travelling experience

Time passed by just like a wind slapping my face at Dataran Lang last week...

I'm really occupied at this moment with work at home and office and plus travelling..and not forgetting eating here and there as long as Syawal is still mark on the calendar...

Alhamdulillah with my condition right now, travelling around is still a smooth journey except for rushing at the airport, even the ferry ride from Kuah to Kuala Perlis was not like what I expected..when I was in primary school, Langkawi is always a favourite holiday destination during school holiday,...I simply loves the smell of salt water, the white sandy beach at Kuah town ..EXCEPT for the taxi ride from Alor Setar to Kuala Perlis (there was no jetty at Kuala Kedah yet at those time)..so they one hour journey in an old cab with faded pvc seat was a perfect combination to puke and puke again...until today I hate the smell of pvc inside a car...

And the boat ride was far than what we have now, there was no air conditioning and the timber boat were filled with not only human but ayam itik ..and one day I saw a man with super size handset..back then it was a handset complete with a big black case and he look confident with his damn big gadget :-))


Dataran Lang..where it used to be white sandy beach and before sunset we walk on the smooth sand and collect some seashells..from my aunt's house to the seaside was just few minutes walking distance..at night, the man will hunt for kancil, and in the morning we will walk around kebun getah and collect biji getah o just play hop scotch on white sand around the house compound..by afternoon, sambal kancil was ready on the table....it was a simple but memorable experience

I had chicken pie at Kuah jetty that day, a second option for my crave of something with meat potato and cheese...

People go places, eat fusion food and try new cuisine, walk in and out of the museums and meet people from many walks of life...at the end its the experience that matters most, a frien asked me about Kolkata..'apa yang best di Kolkata'...and I simply told her that it was not the building or museum but the experience...

So for those who loves to travel and about to travel to any places..just enjoy the moment and travel with an open mind, don't let your pre-conceived idea spoil your journey..and don't forget your moleskine

No comments: