Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sandakan and Kinabatangan Trip

I had a sleepless night, leaving them was not an easy task, but this was a task not to be missed but it comes with a price.

We left early to catch 6.50am ERL from Putrajaya to the airport, Hadif as usual had a tantrum and at last had a previleged to be at the back of the wheel...not a good option I would say..and we tehm send early to the nursery compared to their normal schedule....poor kid

I was so tired and hungry but not angry..while waiting for MAS breakfast of nasi lemak sambal udang, I did what I'm good at..painting..not on canvas but on my face, had no time to make up at home, so I finished the job at 30,00 feet above sea level...

The aroma from nasi lemak was so tempting but unfortunately for me, they served it in a very small portion and the anchovies should not be included unless they served a fine quality..others are superb..not too many passenger on board, smooth journey except for minor bump due to bad cloud base...

I think this is Mount Kinabalu's peak...
it looks so majestic form up here..Subhanallah

This is the famous Kinabatangan river from seat 22A....similar to Amazon river..it was affected by a flood last week but fortunately the area that I went has fully recovered


View from MH2700..please ignore the glare and what not..I'm still learning experimenting with D90..thanx to hubby.. :-P

It was 2 hours and 45 minutes flight from KILA to Sandakan, I arrived safely but could not find my friend, I thought that I was alone in Sabah..but they were actually waiting for me at the lobby and off we drove to Swiss Inn at Sandakan Harbour Square..nice hotel by the sea but it is just a small town and I had limited time so no wandering around.

We were invited to Sandakan Court and treated with lunch at Hameed's..another round of mee goreng mamak before we left for Kinabatangan. The journey took another 2 hours and we passed by few interesting place like Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary and Crocodile Farm,...and the best thing about their landmark is every roundabout will featured a replica of Standing Crocodile, followed by Turtle and then a family of Orang Utan..

I noticed that most of the houses along the way to Kinabatangan were built on stilt even though it is situated on hilly area, quite contrast with our houses in the Penisular...and most of them already implemented storm water harvesting which the government just proposed to implement in houses and building in Malaysia...

Discussion with the contractor that need to be teach every single thing from A-Z..geraammmmm.. Kelas E tapi mcm kelas F...and that black thing on my shoulder is not a handbag but a free luggage bag from Giorgio Armani Diamond..stuffed everything inside..light travel...

We finished our job and left for the hotel at 5pm and stop by for some snack of goreng pisang and cucur cempedak and tembikai susu, I thought that its honeydew juice, but to my surprise it was watermelon juice mixed with condesed milk..boleh la...

The journey back from Kinabatangan took longer hour due to the traffic and it was already dark at 6pm, the sights are different here, schools are not properly located and the infrastructure need to be upgraded..during these journey the talk a lot about things around us, about law and order, about the project and of coz,....
Bung Mokhtar and his fourth Wifey Zizie Ezzette..they said that Dato' Bung Mokhtar is loved by everybody here in Kinabatangan, they don't give a damn about his personal life as long as he took care of their well fare, then its fine with them..no matter what stories come up..fourth or fifth or whatever is not important...

View from Swiss Inn hotel's lobby..its a decent hotel with wifi at every floor but I was warned not to walk alone after 7pm..too many outlaws from the neighbouring country


I had breakfast alone the following day and it was raining and gloomy..not a good chance to take any photographs..I had simple sausages and bread with jam and tried their local food but only took a bite and left it untouch ..tak boleh telan..

Left for the airport...nothing much at Sandakan Airport..flight delay 30 minutes..


View towards an island not far from the airport, from seat 10A...I should choose my seat properly next time to avoid having a wing or part of the plane body in my frame

Arrived safely at home at 4.30pm...Hadif and Sufiya was so excited...no souvenir for them just hug and kissess...

No comments: