Thursday, May 15, 2008

What the.......?

Just finished 2 hours meeting with the contractor and developer who are 'stubborn' and never understand any instruction.....even a simple order..they take everything for granted and simply change anything to suit their pocket and time.....I don't understand why and what is their level of acceptance and standard..it seems like most of the design (not only architectural) are below minimum and some are not practical...there are guidelines and design standard to follow, but these people rather show their thick skin face than flaunting their skill and professionalism...the same comments has been said out loud, not twice but countless time..to the same person, the same Project Manager who claimed that she's among the creme de la creme....
This is how these people look like when we ask them anything related to the project...sighhh..

4 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Sue, I know how you feel re some contractors. I had my fair share of them old days. And one I will always remember was this fellow telling me, "Boss, I not be knowing", ha ha.
But I guess old days I had my not so good reputation of a lousy temper and don't take prisoners where work is not done to my requirements...and being a 6'1" guy helped in some ways, ha ha...
I will tell anyone, 'my way or the highway'.
I was involved in quite a lot of major projects back then, from East West Highway, dams, bridges etc...
but I agree with you, some are more stubborn than cows!
Same time those people knew if I were to catch them fooling around....ha ha, I not only goreng them, but bungkus them off permenantly, habis cherita. Ha ha.
But I did have majority of them good people who take pride in their work.
I posted a story re a contractor helping me, in 'Another 5 minutes' back in Jan.
Anyway, you stay easy Sue....and as I mentioned to your comment in my blog, I love your profile pic, nice portrait, nice colour too.
Keep well, Sue, Lee.

sue said...

Uncle Lee..
they always pretend that they did not realised it, or blame it on us..for late approval, even tho we've given them the green light..sometimes i feel like asking them just to just leave the meeting room..!!

will check ur Jan entry on this soon..
Thanx U.lee..

Lee said...

Hi Sue, next tell them you da lupa their payment, ha ha. Lee.

sue said...

good tips uncle lee...:-)