Sunday, July 11, 2010

Orang Utan at Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre

Its been seven months working at this new office, its a combination of everything in one plate..small project with big headache,a lot of travelling and tiring body, expecting to see new place but leaving the kids at home...its a fusion of feeling..but I grab whatever come my way at this moment.



So during last visit to Sandakan, I took the time (without taking a shower :)to visit this one place in Sandakan- Sepilok Orang Utan Rehab Centre..not far from the airport..and the admission fee for local is only RM5 and foreigner is only RM30

They open for tour at 9am and feeding thime is at 10 sharp, coz these orang utan wear rolex and guess...:-))



Boboy's story...


Opps..this is not Boboy...

And here is Boboy...the cute orang utan..I wonder whether they used BPA free bottle or not..? :-))

There is information centre at the entrance, but shoes off please, you can kill the time by gaining some info before going into the jungle..

Nature conservation...some are extinct and endangered animals

Potraits of the jungle...

Aren't they cute..?

I sat on a timber steps and talked to one of the guide, they told me that some orang utan could not resist the smell from the cafe nearby and start looting..poor animal, and some find their way out of this rehab centre and lost into the unknown

Waiting for one hour for the gate to open was not an easy feeling especially when you have to rushed to the airport for 11.35am flight..I waited infront of the gate so that I could walk fast on the boardwalk..It only took 5 minutes from the gate to the observation deck, but its better to walk slowly and enjoy the nature around you and breath the fresh air and listen to the sound of jungle...

Tourist waiting for the orang utan to make an appreance..at almost 10am they came and swing and swing and show their antics....and eat banana and swing back to the jungle..

I was a little bit dissapointed because I don't have the opportunity to really explore and appreciate things around me, but it was a beautiful place to be where all things around you are green and when 10 o'clock sun piercing through the fresh green leaves , thats when you lost in the jungle...lost in a different world...I could not described the feeling, but its really something for those who loves nature, this is one of the place to be..

By 10.30 I was ready heading to the airport..all make up and touch up were done in the car...by the time the driver park the car at the departure, I finished my last stroke pf mascara...

Sabah is a beautiful place...land and sea...
Just after take off..what a view..unfortunately I only bring this handphone instead of a camera..
Till the next trip...

No comments: