Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Now anyone can fly......except..

I'm supposed to be seeing the greenery of paddy field today but instead stranded here in Putrajaya and stuck infront of this slow pc again.I had a sleepless night, worry that I might miss my early flight back to Alor Setar,I kept waking up every hour checking the clock and finally arrived at LCCT at 6.00am with empty stomach, sleepy face and a small luggage. By the time theycall all passenger to line up I was eager to go to other side of the lane for elderly and pregnant women and not aware of the airline regulation.

I was asked about my pregnancy and when I mentioned that I'm 7 months (28 weeks), they refused to allow me to board the plane without any Letter from doctor saying that I'm fit to fly.........
My ante-natal checkup report stated that it's 30 weeks, but the hospital's is only 28, I have two due date, two checkup for one little baby.

This is an easy pregnancy but the Numbers makes me worry, based on LMP (which I never forget to jot down every month)it's supposed to be middle of January but based on hospital's record and scan the baby is due in February. Recent checkup the doctor write down that the size correspond to POG, which is in January instead of the date that he gave is in February. Everytime during ante-natal checkup, the nurse also have the same understanding whenever they read the hospital's report..
Am I the one who confused about all these medical terms and don't know how to interpret doctor's handwriting or is it technical error or even worst human error? I did my own calculcation based on hospital's date and the doctor's TCA, which I need to have another session of scan at 32 weeks, but the nurse gave another date which is totally different from what the doctor asked her to do, she put it 26th Dec which is 34 weeks instead of 32. When I checked with the hospital about the TCA, they changed again to 21st Nov, earlier but based on clinic's date.

To satisfied myself I managed to talk over the phone with the doctor, and he said it's ok whether its 32 or 34 weeks so I just have to come again on the 26th Dec.

But this morning I went again to the clinic to get that letter, the doctor said that it will be February and maybe the nurse didn't read it properly and she mentioned that I'm only 27 weeks today....If I knew that exact figure I will be happily enjoying my mom's lunch today coz at 27 weeks we can fly freely....

Another sleepless night in Putrajaya, little baby's journey need to be postponed

7 comments:

simah said...

cantik gambar bendang tu...safe journey sue...take care..

ufukhati said...

Harap semuanya selamat.
Riang selalu dan ingatkan perkara yang baik-baik.

Nong said...

Don't exert yourself and baby too much. Dulu masa 8 bulan pregnant pun i naik flight from KL to KB, tak kisah tanya pun dorang...

Take care...

Kak Teh said...

sue, take care of yourself. i was surprised when recently a friend, who was pregnant with twins and at eight month, managed to fly from sweden to london. But i think it is best to be careful.

Count Byron said...

Sue.. take utmost care. You had battled it out for 8 months.. a few more weeks should be treaded very cautiously. Soon u can fly again.

May you have a safe and easy delivery.

sue said...

simah,
thank you

Pak Darma,
harap2 begitulah, kita hanya merancang..

Kak Nong,
thanx, tapi macamana pun ada rasa risau dah la kena marah dgn doktor sebab nak fLy....

sue said...

Kak Teh,
certain airline punya polisi tak sama kot, but this one they only allowed until 35 weeks dgn surat

Count,
thank you, this pregnancy is the most important journey